Friday, July 13, 2018

Weimar Winefest 2018

     The yearly July Wine Fest began yesterday night.  I went tonight after dinner at home.  The same vineyards that have been there for as long as I have been going were there.  It was very crowded, which is not unusual.  The prices have gone up.  It really is not that cheap to drink there any more.  But they do fill the glass to the brim.  I drank the Weissburgunder which is the same grape as pinot grigio  but out of the Burgundian region of France.  Obviously this was grown in Germany.  The music was Scheiss.  Usually we have a band with a girl singer and they do American '80's pop with an oompah beat.  But during the 1 hour 30 minutes I was there they had a man , who wanted to look like Art Garfunkle, singing with a guitar.  No one listened.  I could not really hear him.  So a disappointment.  Tomorrow I may want to go out to dinner and may give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment