Saturday, December 27, 2014

Europe- Summer 2015

     Well it has begun.  I was contacted by the landlord of the apartment that I rent in Weimar and he wanted to know when I was coming this year.  So I had to make an early decision.  I will be in Weimar from 28 June till 23 July.  This sort of sets the pace for the rest of the summer.  I will fly to Berlin and stay there 7 nights and then go to Weimar.  After that I will see.  But what I do know is that going down to Rome and then to Sicily with Jackie and Suzie is definitely out - although they do not know it yet.
     So I guess we are looking at Dresden, Praha, Munchen, possibly Innsbrucke and Wein.  I think I can use my points and get a very good deal at the Praha Hilton so that is good.  I don't know if I will fly over 1st class or not but even though the plan has started I have plenty of time.  I am looking forward to Weimar though now that the plan has been made.  I have thought about eating at the Trattoria and drinking at Schwarzberger Hof and running in Park-an-Ilm.  All things I enjoy a great deal.  I have also been thinloing that I need to be more diligent and exact in my documenting my life there.  I need to take more and better photos and to write more about what I am doing and thinking.  The thing with this blog is that I do write in my journal every day when I am in Europe so sometimes this feels redundant.  Also, in my journals I write in German and it is a little annoying to switch to English when I am in "German mode".

No comments:

Post a Comment