Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Vienna Summer 2014

     I have been unable to post until now because this new chromebook had me logged in as the work me and I could not get to this page until now.  Unfortunately this is my last day in Vienna and for that mater Europe for the summer.  I return to the States tomorrow!
     Vienna has been wonderful as ever.  The Konig von Ungarn Hotel is one of the best hotels I stay at anywhere.  I did not have too much to do since this was my 12th trip here, but I did learn some new things.  The Kunst Historische Museum has a new installation that is fabulous!  They put in part of the Schatz Kammer since last summer and have done something very interesting.  Many Schatz Kammers, ie Dresden, Munich, have table pieces, made from gold, that do something.  In the past all you could do was read the description of what the object did.  Fort example, ride around the table and then shoot an "arrow"at someone.  But now they have installed touch pad computers on the benches and you can look at video of the machines in the room doing whatever it is they do!!  I found this fascinating.  I have seen these objects before and to actually see them in action was wonderful.  The Leopold Museum,  which holds all the Schieles and a good number of Klimts, has been reorganized as well, although nothing as great as the other.
     I also started going to Il tempo this year.  It is on a side street off the street from the graben leading to Michaelertor.  It is right next to the Levant restaurant.  This place is great after dinner for a drink and a dessert.  I enjoy the chocolate mousse and a 1/4 l of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment