Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bratislava, Slovakia August 2014

I have spent 2 nights in Bratislava with one to go before I head for Vienna.  It has been interesting as these little cities always are.  I am staying at Marroll's Boutique Hotel.  It is pretty wonderful.  My room is very nice and the public rooms are also very nice.  We are in a quiet street and are only a 5 minute walk to the pedestrian zone.  The breakfast is a standard European hotel breakfast and is included in the room price - which is very reasonable.  The staff here could not be nicer or friendlier and the internet access is free!
     There is not much to do in this city.  There are some historic sites, a city museum and a castle up on the hill.  Really if you are just interested in the sites this could be a day trip from Vienna, which is less than an hour away.   There are lots of tourists, poorly dressed as usual, on walking tours and there are lots of places to eat, drink and hang out.  Everywhere I have gone the people have been very helpful and nice.  The food is basic and good.  The local beer is no good.  Drink something else.  I did go to the tourist office yesterday and sign up for their walking tour.  I had to buy a tourist card to go but it also would allow me to use all the public transportation for 2 days.  But I didn't because you can walk everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment