Well, obviously I have been here 12 nights. I arrived on 2 August without incident. I have settled in nicely and things have gone well so far. The weather has been shit. Dark, rainy. I haven't been "out" as much as I would like. On the 1st Friday night I did get to go to the outdoor music at the "Turm". It was nice, I had a couple dark beers and spent the evening talking to a painter named Gabriel who came and sat with me. It was nice to have someone to spend the time with and nice to be able to practice my German with someone who does not speak English! Tonight, Saturday, I was home all day because of the rain, but then it got nice so about 6 pm I went out for a walk. I heard music at the Kunst Gartin and went in and they had a duo who just stopped as I came in! So, I got a glass of wine and sat down and waited. It was worth it. They were very good and I sat and listened to and enjoyed the next set.
When I left I walked around a long block and on the way home stopped at the bar across the street. I had 2 glasses of wine while I sat and read about Munchen on my phone. I have become one of those people who sit staring at their phone. At least I was alone and not ignoring someone. I do like that place. It is never crowded, the guy who is normally there is very friendly to me, and the price is right. 2 glasses of wine for 7,80 euro. About $8.50. I know places in NJ where you would pay that much for 1 glass at Happy Hour!
I have gotten to eat at some of my favorite places - Pomodoro, Texas, India, Mythos and El Burrito. I have also been hanging out at Pomodoro, as always. I have also done some shopping because of the weather. I bought 2 long sleeve pull-over shirts, 2 pull-over thin sweaters and a pair of pants. It turns out that as long as you have internet access, the WhatsApp app works great. I have spoken to my friend in London twice, once from Berlin and once from here, and to my brother. I have also used it to text with several people and it goes through instantly.

No comments:
Post a Comment