Well it has finally arrived - Germany 2014! I flew over on Sunday night. First class IS everything it is cracked up to be. The food was great. The booze was included. I actually slept a good deal of the time. This may have to become a regular feature on the way over. It is a lot of money but so what? I can't hold on to it all.
Unfortunately, the Berlin Hilton is not what it was. It has become a tourist hotel with tour guides and schedules in the lobby and one bus after another of ill-dressed American tourists. Also, I booked my room two months in advance and paid in advance and did not get the room I booked. Instead I got told "We're sorry but the hotel is completely booked." So now I have a room with two single beds in it. I think this is my seventh and last stay at this place.
Today I went the Deutsches Historisches Museem in the Zeughaus. Wonderful as ever. I love that two of the portraits of Elizabeth Charlotte von derPfalz are here. Her niece was the queen of Prussia and she sent them to her. Tonight I ate a Le Petit Felix. A French restaurant that I read about on tripAdvisor. It was very good and the service was great. The food prices themself were not too bad, 12 e for baked goat cheese and greens and 22e for Coq au Vin. But the martini, the 2 glasses of red and the coffee were more than the food. All told it cost me 70e - a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment