Monday, August 12, 2013

Vienna 12 August 2013

     Yesterday Sunday 11 August I arrived in Vienna.  I came by train from Brno.  The train was a direct ride and was very easy to do.  I got off at Wien Meidling.  Then I took a cab to good old Konig von Ungarn Hotel.  In my opinion the best place to stay in Vienna.  It is located on Schuler Strass which is a street that begins behind Stephans Dom on the left.  I checked in to the same room I always stay in and then walked over to KohlMarkt and Levant Restaurant where I had a durum and 2 beers.  After I returned t o the hotel and slept a little and then I went to the café next to Levant for a before dinner Aperol.  I had dinner at L'Asine, my bar on the street that runs next to the Hofburg and ends at the Albertine.  I had a salad and veal scallopine and a few wines.  It is much more expensive here than in the Czech Republic and more expensive than Bamberg or Weimar so I guess I'm a little price shocked.  My dinner tonight was at Ilona Stuebl.  This is a little Hungarian restalurant on Brunnerstrasse.  I have eaten there every time I have been in Vienna.  I was a little apprehensive this time because I took my friend Ernest and he hates most restaurants.  But it went well.  I had a large Bauern salad and a beef and potato dish that is a little like pot roast.  I drank 2 1/2 liter beers and it cost me 35e
    Tomorrow we plan to go to the Hofburg and all the museums in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment