I am not in Europe. I am home again. I returned on Sunday 18 August after 50 nights in Europe. I can not say that I am glad to be back. The rest of my week in Vienna was great. The weather was good and I went to a bunch of places with my friend who had not been there in years. It is always nice to show someone around a place that you have been to many times and know very well.
We went to the Kaisergruft to see the tombs of the Habsburgs. We went through the entire Hofburg, the Schatzkammer, and the Kunsthistorisches Museem. All are well worth a visit even if you have been there before especially the art museum. We went to Schoenbrunn one morning. We also went to the Belvedere. One thing I did that I have not done before and which I would recommend if you are there for a week is to buy a week pass for the metro. It cost 15.95 euros and is well worth it. It allows you to get on any tram or bus or metro as often as you want for the week. I used it a lot. If you make 5/6 rides it pays for itself and it does make it very convenient to hope on one of the trams and go to another part of the city very easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment